Please see below for current vacancies with Metro.
Applications for this position close on 3 March, 2017
Metro Tasmania Pty Ltd is a state owned company operating bus services in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie.
Our vision is to be an attractive travel option which contributes to an integrated public transport network in Tasmania.
We currently have an opportunity for a Payroll Officer to join Metro to support our Finance Department in Hobart.
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Officer will process payroll data ensuring the accurate and timely payment of salaries and wages for Metro employees.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Processing fortnightly payroll for 470+ employees
- Assisting with all employee payroll enquiries
- Assisting the Payroll Supervisor in the preparation of fortnightly, monthly and end of year payroll reports
- Processing employee leave forms
- Calculating and processing higher duties, back pay, advance pay and tax adjustments
- General filing and maintenance of employee payroll files
- Provide leave relief for the Payroll Supervisor
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in payroll functions, including a working knowledge of payroll systems; Chris21 would be an advantage, along with previous experience of interpreting Awards/EAs.
To apply, please submit your application and resume along with responses to the Selection Criteria by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 3 March 2017. Applicants that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.