Additional Hobart City interchange stop relocations effective 13 May
Eastern Shore Glenorchy & Northern Suburbs Hobart Western Hobart
600 series 560 561 562 540 541 550 X50 551 552 553 X15 X16 X34 X44 X45 X64
Due to key building developments and construction in the Hobart CBD, there will be additional disruptions to Metro services in the Hobart City interchange from 13 May 2018 to ensure we can operate efficiently and safely.
Effective 13 May 2018 the following changes will take effect:
Eastern shore services
- Stop J (Macquarie St) will be closed and relocated to the eastern side of the Hobart City interchange near Collins St where stops G and H are currently located.
- Stop M (Franklin Square) will be closed and relocated to 103 Macquarie St, opposite Franklin Square.
- Services using the existing stops J and M will be redistributed across the two new departure points.
- Eastern shore timetables will remain the same despite the new departure locations, except for one route 664 service and one route 665 service.
Northern suburbs services
- Stops G and H located on the eastern side of the Hobart City interchange will be closed as the area will be used for the new eastern shore stop J.
- Northern suburbs services that used stops G and H will be redistributed:
- West Hobart and Mt Stuart route 540 will commence from stop F. There will be some timetable changes to route 540 services.
- Lutana, Goodwood and Central Ave (East Moonah) routes 560 to 562 will commence from stop M (relocated to 103 Macquarie St). There will be a timetable change to some route 562 services.
- Lenah Valley and New Town West all stops routes will commence from Elizabeth St stop 2 instead of the interchange. Express Lenah Valley route X50 will also commence from this stop.
- Interchange stops E and F will continue to operate as normal.
Franklin Square stops N and P, and Murray St Stop Q will continue to operate as normal.
See below to find out where your service will depart from effective 13 May 2018:
Rosny Park and Shoreline Central Turn Up and Go Services, eastern shore all stop services, eastern suburbs express services (excluding route X64), Lindisfarne, Geilston Bay, Risdon Vale.
Stop J: relocated to the eastern side of the Hobart City interchange towards the end closest to Collins St, outside the Salvation Army and Quest Apartments.
Route 664 departing Hobart for Seven Mile Beach at 4:25pm Mon-Fri will operate 2 minutes later.
Route 665 departing Seven Mile Beach for Rosny Pak at 5:04pm Mon-Fri will operate 2 minutes later.
Rosny Park, Rosny Point, Waverley Street, Warrane, Mornington, Seven Mile Beach (including route X64), Lutana, Goodwood and Central Ave (East Moonah).
Stop M: relocated to 103 Macquarie St opposite Franklin Square.
Route 562 departing Hobart for Metro Springfield at 4:24pm Mon-Fri will operate 3 minutes earlier. All other Lutana, Goodwood and Central Ave timetables will not be affected.
O’Driscoll’s and Tassielink services will no longer utilise this stop location, and will instead depart from outside the Town Hall on Elizabeth St.
West Hobart and Mt Stuart
Stop F: Hobart city interchange.
All route 540 services departing Hobart for Mt Stuart after 7.00pm Mon-Fri will depart 3 minutes later. All other West Hobart and Mt Stuart timetables are unaffected.
Lenah Valley and New Town West
Elizabeth St stop 2: the Lenah Valley stop outside Sheridan. This is currently the second scheduled stop for Lenah Valley and New Town West all stops services.
Express Lenah Valley services will be altered to travel via Elizabeth St between Hobart and Augusta Rd. Elizabeth St stop 5, located near Tasma St will be included to be serviced by these express services.
The same scheduled timetables will operate, however please note that city departure times will reflect the usual departure times of services from Elizabeth St stop 2. For example, a service that currently commences from stop G at 11.10am will be altered to commence from Elizabeth St stop 2 at 11.12am.
We appreciate your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience.
Our customer service team can be reached at 13 22 01 or firstname.lastname@example.org