COVID-19/Coronavirus advice to all passengers
Metro Tasmania is responding to COVID-19 under the guidance of the Tasmanian Government (Department of Health), and the health and safety of passengers and staff is our highest priority.
What we’re doing:
- reducing cash transactions on board
- Greencards are free from 26 March
- travel will be free from 26 March until Friday 10 April to give people time to get a free Greencard
- enhanced sanitisation of all buses and work together with our contractor to ensure vehicles remain as clean as possible
- restricting access to the front row of seats to protect our drivers
- posting lots of advice about steps that you can take to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
To help keep us all safer, you can:
- use a Greencard instead of cash – if you don’t have one yet, you can get one for free
- travel outside peak hour where possible
- spread out on board and at bus stops where possible
- cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze
- clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser before and after you travel, and avoid touching your face during your journey
- stay home if you’re unwell
- let us assist you via our hotline rather than in person at the Metro Shop or depots (13 22 01, from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday).
For more information on COVID-19 and how to prevent its spread, visit www.health.tas.gov.au/coronavirus.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience during this time.