We believe it’s important to be involved in the communities we operate in and see sponsorship as an important contribution to helping Tasmanians.
We sponsor a range of organisations and events that align with our strategic priorities including:
- Improving road safety
- Reducing travel times and congestion
- Growing patronage on public transport by making it a more attractive choice
- Improving the customer experience with transport services
Criteria and evaluation
Sponsorship may be provided for organisations such as:
- Charities and cause-related requests for support
- Transport related community education programs
- Industry exhibitions, conferences and trade shows.
- A sound reputation with Government
- Demonstrated previous performance
- Alignment with the Metro brand and activities/objectives/mission/business practices.
We will not consider applications that involve:
- Events and activity outside of Tasmania
- Donations to charities whether in cash or in kind, whereby there are no contracted benefits in exchange for funds
- Conditional Grants (for specified activities)
- Community Service Programs.
We will not consider organisations, events and activities which:
- Promote or encourage alcohol or any substance abuse
- Are aligned to a political or religious organisation
- May be construed as discriminatory
- Promote gambling
- Could be detrimental to public health and safety.
What is expected in return for sponsorship:
All successful applications for sponsorship will be required to:
- Display the Metro logo within the specifications and guidelines define
- Report on an agreed basis to Metro of the benefits delivered.
- Alert Metro of any conflict of interest or negative publicity or event that will impact on the Metro brand.
- Strive at all times to uphold the image of Metro and its corporate values.
In the event that Metro agrees to provide sponsorship to an organisation valued at over $1,000, the disbursement of funds may be subject to an acquittal that the funds have been spent as agreed.
What information should be included in the application?
Applicants must use our sponsorship application form and include the following information:
- Name, full address and a description of organisation, target markets and relevant experience
- Details of contact person involved in the proposed sponsorship
- Type and amount of sponsorship sough
- Details of what the sponsorship will be used for including date and location
- Details of other companies that sponsor organisation/event.
- Information about the target audience including estimated number of attendees and demographics
- Details of the benefits of the sponsorship, an estimate of their value and how they will be evaluated and reported
Metro will respond in writing within fourteen days of receipt for applications up to a value of $5,000 and within 30 days for applications over $5,000.
Click here to download a copy of the Metro Sponsorship Guidelines
What happens next?
We will respond in writing within fourteen days of receipt for applications up to a value of $5,000 and within thirty days for applications over $5,000.