Metro Tasmania Pty Ltd is a state owned company established in February 1998.
The company trades as Metro and operates bus services in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie. Metro is the largest passenger transport company in Tasmania.
To be an attractive travel option contributing to an integrated public transport network in Tasmania.
Our Business Purpose
To be a sustainable bus company connecting people and communities.
SAFETY We take pride in everyone getting home safely, by
- having a safe workplace; and
- putting safety first.
RESPECT We show respect for everyone at all times
- by acting with integrity in all our actions, words, and intentions.
RESILIENCE We have the courage to deal with our day-to-day challenges, showing
- commitment; and
UNITY We work together with honesty and transparency.
- We listen.
- We collaborate.
- We cooperate.
- We celebrate success.
SERVICE DRIVEN We take pride in what we do and it is our pleasure to deliver an outstanding experience for everyone,
- recognising we have internal and external customers;
- continually challenging ourselves to do things better; and
- striving for excellence.
- #1 Focus on our customers
- #2 Deliver high quality services that operate in accordance with all contractual, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- #3 Develop Metro into a highly skilled, healthy and committed team where every employee actively feels part of the business.
- #4 Continue to actively engage with our stakeholders.
- #5 Build a sustainable business.
- #6 Grow the public transport market in Tasmania.