Hobart interchange changes from today
Major hotel construction in the Hobart City interchange in Elizabeth St will result in the relocation of some Metro services from today (10 December 2017).
Under plans developed by the City of Hobart, Hutchison Builders, the Department of State Growth and Metro, the following changes will take effect.
Eastern shore services
• Hobart City interchange stops A, B, C and D will be closed and relocated to new stops – stop J on Macquarie St outside the former Mercury building and stop M on Elizabeth St at Franklin Square.
• Services that used stops A and B will move to stop J, and services that used stops C and D will move to stop M. Stop M will operate on weekdays until 7pm. At all other times, all eastern shore services will use stop J.
• Eastern shore timetables will remain the same despite the different departure points.
• This relocation is expected to be in place until mid-2019.
The Metro Shop and Hobart City interchange bus stops E, F G and H will continue to operate as normal, however some changes to southern services will be introduced at the same time:
• Franklin Square stops P and N will reverse to simplify boarding and make better use of the existing shelters.
• There will be minor timetable changes to some southern services to improve service reliability.
Metro CEO Megan Morse said Metro would have representatives in the interchange to support the transition and help customers understand the changes.
“I would encourage customers to check the Metro website (www.metrotas.com.au) for detailed information and maps, or call us (13 22 01) if they have questions about the new arrangements,” she said.
Tel: 0418 538 865