Adult fare concessions apply to passengers that are aged 70 or over, are classified as a War Widow by the Department of Veterans Affairs, or hold one of the following:
- Health Care Card (concession applies to the primary cardholder only)
- Pensioner Concession Card (concession applies to the primary cardholder only)
- Seniors Card (issued by an Australian State or Territory Government)
- Proof of enrolment as a full time student in a senior secondary college, TasTafe, university or Tasmanian College of English (adult concession applies from the start of the year in which the card holder turns 19)
- Evidence of Immigration Status Card
- Residence Determination ImmiCard
- Tasmanian Concession Card (issued by the Tasmanian Government)
Student concession fares apply to full time students up to the end of the year in which they turn 18 while they attend a primary or secondary school, senior secondary college, TasTafe, university or Tasmanian College of English. Students should carry appropriate student identification to validate their entitlement to Student Concession fares.
Student Bus Pass For Free Travel
Full time child students in special circumstances may be issued a Student Bus Pass For Free Travel Greencard by the Department of State Growth for travel between home and school. Free travel applies on weekdays from 7am to 7pm. Outside the hours of free travel, the cardholder may use the card as a regular Greencard by adding travel credit to it. For more information or to apply for this concession, visit the Department of State Growth website.
Special Circumstances Student Greencard
Full time adult students may be issued a Special Circumstances Student Greencard by the Department of State Growth which entitles the cardholder to either a Student Concession fare or free travel. For more information or to apply for this concession, visit the Department of State Growth website.
Children Under 16
Children aged under 16 are entitled to travel on a child fare. Proof of age is required.
The following people are entitled to free travel:
- Children aged under five (provided they are accompanied by a responsible person and are not in school uniform)
- Tasmania Police Officers (upon presentation of a Tasmania Police badge)
- Ambulance Officers (Ambulance Tasmania and St John Ambulance officers in uniform)
- Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI) and Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA) pensioners (provided they have applied for and use a Greencard)
Free travel is also provided on presentation of the following:
- Vision Impairment Pass (free travel applies to the cardholder, guide dog, and attendant)
- Companion Card (free travel applies to the cardholder’s companion while the cardholder pays the fee for which they are entitled)
- Metro tokens (free travel applies for the travel indicated on the token)