Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is Metro Tasmania PTY LTD (ABN 30 081 467 281) of 212 Main Road, Moonah, TAS 7009
- Information on how to enter and eligibility to be entered into the draw and prize details form part of the conditions.
- Eligibility for inclusion in this competition is open to all people who complete the entry form. Such persons will automatically go into the draw, as per the conditions below, with the following exceptions:
a. This competition is restricted to residents of the State of Tasmania. All employees of the promoter and those companies in which it has an equity interest and the immediate families of such employees are ineligible to enter.
b. All employees of the Tasmanian JackJumpers are also ineligible to enter.
c. Only one valid entry per person.
- Competition opens at 9:00am Thursday 12 January 2023 and closes at 11:59pm Tuesday 24 January 2023.
- The prize consists of 8 x VIP tickets to the Jackjumpers game at 7:30pm on Friday 27 January 2023, Metro bus transport from the Hobart Metro bus stop of your choice, and 1 x signed Tasmania JackJumpers jersey. Selected bus stop must be within Metro Tasmania’s Hobart Urban network. It is the responsibility of the winner to arrange their own transport to and from the selected Metro Bus stop. Prize does not include any other transport or accommodation. The signed Tasmania JackJumpers jersey will be available to the winner following the final game of the Tasmania JackJumpers 22/23 season. Metro Tasmania will arrange with the winner a suitable time for collection of the jersey. The minimum value of the prize is $5000.
a. The VIP tickets include seating for eight (8) people in a corporate box, and food and beverage service (all directions of MyState Bank Arena staff and representatives must be followed including responsible service of alcohol requirements)
b. Winner will be drawn randomly and is restricted to one prize winner.
- The Competition will be drawn at 10:00am on Wednesday 25 January 2023.
- The prize winners will be notified by email and phone.
- Details as to the collection of the prizes will be provided at the time the prize winners are notified.
- Should the prize winners decide to accept the prize they must, at the promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prizes, free of charge, and consent to the promoter using their names and images in promotional material (which may include publication on the Metro website and social media pages and/or the Tasmania JackJumpers website and social media pages).
- The prize winner and their guests agree that no alcohol will be consumed on the Metro bus, and that all rules of bus travel will be adhered to.
- In the event of the prizes being refused, not accepted or not claimed by 5:00pm on 26 January 2023, the draw will be declared null and void and a further draw will be arranged.
- The prizes or any unused portion of the prizes are non-transferable, the prize dates cannot be changed and cannot be exchanged or taken as cash.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, epidemic or pandemic, or public health order, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- If the Tasmania JackJumpers game on Friday 27 January 2023 is cancelled for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter, including due to pandemic, epidemic, public health order, the Promoter reserves the right to take action under the previous clause.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s (including without limitation due to attendance at an event or travel undertaken when there is any current health warning, epidemic or pandemic declared which would apply to or could be considered to impact, effect or apply to the relevant event or travel) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to all matters relating to the competition and no correspondence will be entered into with respect to those decisions.