Please see below for current vacancies with Metro.
Applications for this position close on 19 July, 2020
An exciting and new opportunity exists for a Workforce Planning and Support Officer at Metro’s Springfield depot. Reporting to the Manager Service Delivery, this newly created position will be responsible for providing state-wide scheduling and rostering support services to ensure the most efficient and effective utilisation of Metro’s operational staffing resources in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie.
The primary focus of the role is providing rostering and scheduling services such as;
– daily rostering of staff ensuring the efficient allocation of staffing resources overseeing and coordinating the end to end processes of the rostering function;
– development, publication and maintenance of operational rosters across Metro business units;
– Undertake research and provide information on costings associated with new routes, alterations to timetables, rosters and duties and assist with drafting the relevant annual budget; and
– Deliver rostering and monitor related resource planning in accordance with agreed timeframes in a constantly varying environment.
We are looking for someone with;
– Extensive rostering experience;
– Ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously including the ability to prioritise plan and complete work activities within tight time frames;
– Demonstrated appropriate level of computer literacy with particular proficiency in applications such as Microsoft Office and rostering applications (i.e.TIMS & Excel);
– Proven ability to quickly learn new computer applications and systems;
– Ability to think laterally and solve difficult rostering problems, whilst striving for and achieving operational and business efficiencies;
– Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply Award & Legislative requirements;
– Strong verbal and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
– The ability to work as an active team member whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility and autonomy in your role; and
– Sound written communication skills enabling the production of documents that are clear, accurate and concise.
A copy of the Position Description can be obtained below.
If you wish to apply for this position please forward a covering letter and current CV to email@example.com by 9pm Sunday 19 July 2020.
Applications for this position close on 17 July, 2020
An exciting opportunity exists for a qualified Diesel Mechanic/Technician at Metro’s Hobart maintenance facility.
Duties will include:
• Major and minor repairs of heavy vehicles
• Diagnosis and repair of mechanical defects in buses
• Diagnosis of faults on multiplex electrical systems
• Programmed maintenance and repair work
To apply for this role you will need:
1. To be a fully qualified tradesperson
2. A sound knowledge of materials, tools and methods used in the maintenance and repair of automotive vehicles
3. Superior fault finding skills and diagnostic ability
4. A current driver’s license
A Certificate IV in Automotive Electrical would be highly regarded.
If you wish to apply for this position please forward a covering letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Friday 17 July.