Please see below for current vacancies with Metro.
Applications for this position close on 7 August, 2021
Looking for an opportunity to extend your operational and administrative skill set? An exciting opportunity exists to join our team at Metro Tasmania, based at our Launceston depot.
Reporting to the Operations Manager (North), you will provide operational and administrative support and advice to the Operations Manager (North) and the Launceston depot team. You will be responsible for:
- The provision of front office customer service to Metro customers and contractors
- Manage internal communications including notice boards and provide administrative support relating for internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor required data input into the Transport Integrated Management System (TIMS) and produce reports as required.
- Process financial reconciliations for the Launceston depot including petty cash, floats and revenue reports in cooperation with the Finance department.
- Analyse operational reporting to assess trends and report findings to the Operations Manager.
- Assist with Workers Compensation, Return to Work plans, Restrictions and MAIB claims.
To excel in this role you will:
- Certificate III in Business/Administration or similar qualification or experience.
- Current Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively both individually and in a small team environment.
- Strong work ethic with an ability to meet competing demands in a multi facet working environment.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential situations and information with diplomacy and tact.
In return Metro offers flexibility, great working conditions, on-site parking and ongoing professional development.
To apply for this position forward your current CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability to the role to email@example.com by 11.59 pm on Friday 6 August.
Applications for this position close on 20 May, 2022
Full Time and Part Time Bus Operators
Hop on board, join the team at Metro Tasmania
Metro Tasmania has been connecting locals and visitors for over 60 years. We pride ourselves on our values of safety, respect, resilience, unity and being service driven in order to deliver safe and reliable transport services to our fellow Tasmanians.
We are currently recruiting Bus Operators for our Hobart, Launceston and Burnie depots. These positions ideally suit people who have exceptional customer service skills, physical capability and mental aptitude necessary to safely and reliably drive a heavy passenger vehicle, and a track record of working well with others in a team environment. We welcome and encourage applications from all community groups and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQA+, people with disabilities and other diversity groups.
Our ideal applicant:
- Has a good driving history.
- Will enjoy, and be capable of, driving a heavy passenger vehicle on a daily basis*.
- Has a passion for customer service and safely transporting customers to their destinations.
- Is willing to work shifts required of the position.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Remains calm and reliable under pressure.
*It’s not necessary that you already have a heavy vehicle license – we can train people who have the necessary capability and mindset. You must have held an Australian standard driving licence for at least two years, and have the commitment and ability to achieve a high standard of heavy vehicle driving.
You will also need to have or be able to obtain Working with Children Registration and a current National Police Certificate obtained from Tasmania Police. (https://www.police.tas.gov.au/services-online/police-history-record-checks/)
Metro employees must also comply with our Drug and Alcohol Management Procedure, which includes passing an initial pre-employment test and ongoing random tests throughout employment.
If you would like to join our team, download the application form below, and submit by emailing it, along with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the positions, or the full time and part time rosters that are available, can also be addressed to email@example.com.
Metro may create an eligibility list (based on merit) of suitable applicants from this process and may make subsequent appointments from this list within a six month period from the date of the first appointment if and when further equivalent positions become available. Accordingly, anyone interested in a position is strongly encouraged to apply.