Please see below for current vacancies with Metro.
Applications for this position close on 1 November, 2021
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Chief Operating Officer to join us, a role which is integral in driving the transformation of the business.
This is an exciting, challenging and highly visible role. Reporting directly to the CEO you will be instrumental in leading the transformation and cultural change of the operational functions of Metro across our network areas, including Bus Operations, Engineering & Facilities Management, Network & Performance and Customer Services. You will be accountable for:
- Leading the culture transformation of the Operations Division
- Developing vision, strategies and plans and then leading their execution
- Bringing in a commercial mindset into operational decision making
- Driving a safety culture and challenging the status quo
- Delivering operational improvements and efficiencies, using data to assist as appropriate
- Delivering reliable, compliant, efficient and customer friendly operational service delivery, every day
- Managing and developing financial budgets and ensuring other corporate functions are actioned
- As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, drive and deliver successful business results
This unique position of Chief Operating Officer is a role that will appeal to a born leader, who is naturally adept at inspiring, motivating and empowering teams to be achieve their very best; ultimately getting the most from their people.
You will ideally have a proven background in Operations, Transport or Logistics. As a seasoned COO you will understand the challenges faced by a business undertaking a significant transformation and your strategic expertise will bring confidence to the Board as will your genuine passion for people and continuous improvement whilst driving performance.
To be successful in your application, you will bring the following:
- Solid background in Operations, Transport or Logistics
- Proven experience at COO level
- Experience in navigating a business through change
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Charisma – be an inspiring leader
- Commercial acumen to deliver strategy successfully in a challenging environment
- Demonstrated capacity to engage and lead multidisciplinary teams
Metro Tasmania is a state-owned company that operates bus services in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie and is the largest passenger transport company in Tasmania. Metro are currently embarking on a transformation journey, with this role being key to delivering on Metro’s vision of being a customer centric business.
What’s on offer
There is no better time to live in Tasmania and this rare and exciting opportunity provides the perfect reason to make the move, where you can make a real difference and create a legacy in transforming and modernising Metro’s public transport services.
For more detail about the role or to arrange a confidential chat, please contact Katie Cooper, Chief Executive Officer, at email@example.com
You can apply directly via SEEK, attaching your current CV and covering letter detailing your suitability to the role. Applications close 11.59 pm on Sunday 31 October.
Applications for this position close on 25 October, 2021
It’s an exciting time at Metro and we are looking for an outstanding candidate to be our Manager Network and Performance. Just to give you an idea of what makes it so exciting, you’ll be joining us at the start of a 3 year plan to modernise and transform the business. This includes:
- New digital technologies (ticketing, real time business intelligence, monitoring and running systems)
- Zero Emission Bus trials
- Continued focus on lean training and methods for process improvements
- A focus on developing our leaders – current and emerging
The Manager Network and Performance is a senior role and a major contributor to the performance and service delivery of the organisation. To be successful in the role you will be able to demonstrate innovation and thought leadership in providing all aspects of passenger transport service planning and performance including compliance with legislative requirements. You’ll be more than a technical expert; your heart will beat customer service and you’ll be an inspiring leader, able to articulate ideas and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to solve complex issues.
Based at our Springfield depot in Moonah, the role has state-wide accountability. Supported by a small team, you will report to the General Manager Operations. Key areas of responsibility for the role are, network performance, optimisation and scheduling, analysis and interpretation of data to influence network design.
Metro employ just over 500 employees which makes us small enough to be nimble, and large enough to be interesting. Our 300 Bus Operators provide transport to over 24,000 Tasmanians each day. If you are after a role that will provide you with the sort of challenges that will give you the opportunity to contribute to the transformation of Metro and have impact on Tasmania’s public transportation system, then the Team are waiting for you.
If you are currently interstate and interested in the great lifestyle Tasmania provides, you can find out more here.
For more detail about the role or to arrange a confidential chat, please contact Darren Carey, General Manager Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, forward your current CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability to the role directly to email@example.com by 11.59 pm on Sunday 24 October.
Applications for this position close on 20 May, 2022
Full Time and Part Time Bus Operators
Hop on board, join the team at Metro Tasmania
Metro Tasmania has been connecting locals and visitors for over 60 years. We pride ourselves on our values of safety, respect, resilience, unity and being service driven in order to deliver safe and reliable transport services to our fellow Tasmanians.
We are currently recruiting Bus Operators for our Hobart, Launceston and Burnie depots. These positions ideally suit people who have exceptional customer service skills, physical capability and mental aptitude necessary to safely and reliably drive a heavy passenger vehicle, and a track record of working well with others in a team environment. We welcome and encourage applications from all community groups and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQA+, people with disabilities and other diversity groups.
Our ideal applicant:
- Has a good driving history.
- Will enjoy, and be capable of, driving a heavy passenger vehicle on a daily basis*.
- Has a passion for customer service and safely transporting customers to their destinations.
- Is willing to work shifts required of the position.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Remains calm and reliable under pressure.
It’s not necessary that you already have a heavy vehicle license – we can train people who have the necessary capability and mindset. You must have held a full Australian standard driving licence for at least two years, and have the commitment and ability to achieve a high standard of heavy vehicle driving.
You will also need to have or be able to obtain Working with Children Registration and a current National Police Certificate obtained from Tasmania Police. (https://www.police.tas.gov.au/services-online/police-history-record-checks/)
Metro employees must also comply with our Drug and Alcohol Management Procedure, which includes passing an initial pre-employment test and ongoing random tests throughout employment.
Metro may create an eligibility list (based on merit) of suitable applicants from this process and may make subsequent appointments from this list within a six month period from the date of the first appointment if and when further equivalent positions become available. Accordingly, anyone interested in a position is strongly encouraged to apply.