Back to school tips for 2017
Know which bus to catch?
A list of all Metro operated school services can be found here. We recommend you familiarise yourself with the route and time of the service you will catch in 2017.
For assistance, contact our Customer Service Team on 13 22 01 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is your Greencard good to go?
Make sure your Greencard is ready to go by adding credit online before school returns. Why not get extra organised for the school year by setting up an automatic top up for when your credit falls below a specified amount?
For information about Greencard including how to manage your account online, click here.
If you don’t have a student Greencard yet, you can:
- apply online by clicking here and filling out the form
- visit us in person at a Metro Shop or depot
- call us on 13 22 01 and request that an application form be mailed to you
If you need to replace a lost or stolen student Greencard, you can:
- log into your online Greencard account
- visit us in person at a Metro shop or depot
- call us on 13 22 01 (credit card transaction required)
- complete a Greencard Replacement Form and returning it to Metro either in person or by mailing the completed form to: Metro Greencard, PO Box 61, Moonah, 7009
For more information about Greencard contact our Customer Service Team on 13 22 01 or email email@example.com
Understand student fares?
Full-time students attending a recognised primary or secondary school, senior secondary college, TasTafe, university or Tasmanian College of English are eligible for Student Concession fares until the end of the year in which they turn 18.
Using Greencard, a student single trip in the urban area is $1.36, with a free transfer within 90 minutes, and travel is capped at a maximum of $3.40 per day. Urban singe cash fares are $1.70. Student travel in the non-urban area is $1.36 per trip using Greencard or $1.70 per trip using cash.
You will need appropriate student identification to validate your entitlement to Student Concession fares.
For information about adult student concessions, click here.
Free student travel
If your or your carer holds a concession card, you can apply to the Department of State Growth for free student travel. Once your application is approved, you will be issued with a Free Student Greencard at no cost. Free travel applies on weekdays from 7am to 7pm. Outside the hours of free travel, you can use the card as a regular Greencard by adding travel credit to it.
For more information or to apply for this concession, visit the Department of State Growth website here.
To make your travel as smooth as possible:
- Be at your stop five minutes before your bus is scheduled to depart. This allows time for any delays during boarding and eliminates any last minute dash to the stop.
- Signal for the bus driver to stop. Many different routes service each bus stop and it can be difficult for the driver to know which service the people waiting at a stop require.
- Be respectful of your driver and fellow passengers. As per our conditions of travel, offensive or disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated on Metro buses.
- Download the Metro App to have a Trip Planner, access to your personal Greencard profile, and important network alerts at your fingertips on the go.
For more information, contact our Customer Service team on 13 22 01 or firstname.lastname@example.org