Additional Hobart City interchange stop relocations effective 13 May
Due to key building developments and construction in the Hobart CBD, there have been additional disruptions to Metro services in the Hobart City interchange (from 13 May 2018) to ensure we can operate efficiently and safely.
On 13 May 2018 the following changes took effect:
Eastern shore services
- Stop J (Macquarie St) has closed and relocated to the eastern side of the Hobart City interchange near Collins St where stops G and H were previously located.
- Stop M (Franklin Square) has closed and relocated to 103 Macquarie St, opposite Franklin Square.
- Services that used the previous stops J and M have been redistributed across the two new departure points.
- Eastern shore timetables remain the same despite the new departure locations, except for one route 664 service and one route 665 service.
Northern suburbs services
- Stops G and H located on the eastern side of the Hobart City interchange have closed as the area is used for the new eastern shore stop J.
- Northern suburbs services that used stops G and H have been redistributed:
- West Hobart and Mt Stuart route 540 now commence from stop F. There are some timetable changes to route 540 services.
- Lutana, Goodwood and Central Ave (East Moonah) routes 560 to 562 now commence from stop M (relocated to 103 Macquarie St). There is a timetable change to some route 562 services.
- Lenah Valley and New Town West all stops routes now commence from Elizabeth St stop 2 instead of the interchange. Express Lenah Valley route X50 also commences from this stop.
- Interchange stops E and F continue to operate as normal.
Franklin Square stops N and P, and Murray St Stop Q continue to operate as normal.
See below to find out where your service departs:
Rosny Park and Shoreline Central Turn Up and Go Services, eastern shore all stop services, eastern suburbs express services (excluding route X64), Lindisfarne, Geilston Bay, Risdon Vale.
Stop J: relocated to the eastern side of the Hobart City interchange towards the end closest to Collins St, outside the Salvation Army and Quest Apartments.
Route 664 departing Hobart for Seven Mile Beach at 4:25pm Mon-Fri now operates 2 minutes later.
Route 665 departing Seven Mile Beach for Rosny Park at 5:04pm Mon-Fri now operates 2 minutes later.
Rosny Park, Rosny Point, Waverley Street, Warrane, Mornington, Seven Mile Beach (including route X64), Lutana, Goodwood and Central Ave (East Moonah).
Stop M: relocated to 103 Macquarie St opposite Franklin Square.
Route 562 departing Hobart for Metro Springfield at 4:24pm Mon-Fri now operates 3 minutes earlier. All other Lutana, Goodwood and Central Ave timetables are not affected.
O’Driscoll’s and Tassielink services no longer utilise this stop location, and instead depart from outside the Town Hall on Elizabeth St.
West Hobart and Mt Stuart
Stop F: Hobart city interchange.
All route 540 services departing Hobart for Mt Stuart after 7.00pm Mon-Fri now depart 3 minutes later. All other West Hobart and Mt Stuart timetables are unaffected.
Lenah Valley and New Town West
Elizabeth St stop 2: the Lenah Valley stop outside Sheridan. This was previously the second scheduled stop for Lenah Valley and New Town West all stops services.
Express Lenah Valley services have been altered to travel via Elizabeth St between Hobart and Augusta Rd. Elizabeth St stop 5, located near Tasma St is serviced by these express services.
The same scheduled timetables operate, however please note that city departure times reflect the usual departure times of services from Elizabeth St stop 2. For example, a service that previously commenced from stop G at 11.10am has been altered to commence from Elizabeth St stop 2 at 11.12am.
We appreciate your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience.
Our customer service team can be reached at 13 22 01 or firstname.lastname@example.org