Catch the bus to connect with the RHH
Metro makes it easier and cheaper to connect with the Royal Hobart Hospital and avoid CBD parking!
Planning your trip
To find a bus to suit you, use the Trip Planner: select where you are travelling from and when you want to leave or arrive, and it will show you how to get there. You can even plan a trip in the future, or filter results to only show low floor buses.
Riding the bus
Get to the bus stop five minutes early and look for the route number on the front of your bus. Give your driver a wave as they approach, so they know you want to board.
Nearly 80% of Metro services are low-floor, indicated by a wheelchair icon on timetables.
Use a Greencard instead of cash to save 20% on all fares and make boarding easier. It’s a smart card you can load with fare credit, and offers free transfers between buses within 90 minutes and a low capped fare for unlimited urban daily travel.
Concession fares apply to children, students, and the following cardholders:
- Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Seniors Card
- Evidence of Immigration Status Card
- Residence Determination ImmiCard
- Tasmanian Concession Card
- See our timetables, maps, fares, and more online
- Metro’s customer service hotline is available on 13 22 01 from 7am to 6pm on weekdays
- After hours, our disability information line is available on 6233 4225
- If you wish to make a call in a language other than English,Translating and Interpreting Services are available
- If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impediment, contact us through the National Relay Service by dialing 12 36 77 or 1300555 727 and asking for 13 22 01
- The Metro Shop (Hobart City interchange) is open from 8am to 5.30pm on weekdays