Non-urban fares have changed (Monday, 10 July 2023)
Non-urban fares changed on Monday, 10 July 2023.
State-wide, 99% of trips cost the same or less than they did previously.
This change affects adult and adult concession passengers on the following routes:
- Channel to Hobart routes 411, 412, 413, 415, 416, 417, 422, X13
- Seven Mile Beach to Hobart routes 635, 664, X64, 665, X65
- South Arm to Hobart routes X44, 646
- Wynyard to Burnie route 197
- Burnie to Ulverstone route 190
These passengers need to update their Greencard default trip at one of our Metro Shops or by asking a bus driver on board a Metro bus.
New fares are based on distance, no matter where you travel. This makes public transport fairer, simpler, and more attractive, and reduces fares for many journeys.
Urban and child/student fares state-wide have not changed.